Time for a progress report on my 50 at 50 list. I am ten percent complete and working hard at scheduling events, reading books and writing thank you letters to people who have impacted my life and keeping up with my day-to-day stuff.
I have been able to “say no” to several volunteer opportunities in the last few weeks. I feel a slight bit of guilt but am enjoying the extra time from not being overbooked. I still struggle to find balance but with each passing day, I feel a little closer. This is such a struggle for me and I think it stems from my junior high need to be included. I want to organize, be a part of, help with or be invited to everything. I worry that if I say no…I will not be invited again.
I joined AARP last month. There is a LOT of information on the website and magazine. I have even used the discount a couple of times. I still feel a little young for AARP. A great deal of the information I have started receiving is about retirement and Social Security.
My passport arrived last week. My last name was misspelled. The good news is that Emma’s passport was correct. She is leaving for Peru in twelve weeks and it would have been awful if hers was misspelled. As I am looking at the silver lining, there was another form to fill out and six additional or more weeks to wait for the change.
In the next few weeks, I have scheduled the dreaded colonoscopy. The packet of information that they have sent me was a bit of oversharing. I would rather that they send me an introduction to the procedure and then a few weeks later, a little more information and then the heavy stuff right before. I am visiting with a cosmetologist at Sephora for a makeup makeover and some skincare techniques. Tickets go on sale for Hinterland (music festival) next week. We are still up in the air as to whether we will camp or stay in a hotel. And, I have an appointment with the tattoo artist….stay tuned to see if I chicken out or not.
- Write a monthly thank you to someone who has had a big impact on my life
- Spend an entire day completing random acts of kindness
- Grant a wish from my mom’s bucket list
- Get real with money
- Say no and mean it and feel no guilt
- Ask for help with no guilt or delay
- Allow myself to be photographed more often
- Spend a weekend at the monastery
- Learn about other religions
- Join my church as a member
- Lose 20 pounds
- Belly Dancing Class
- Pole Dancing Class
- Body Cleanse and Detox
- Tai Chi
- Learn to Bartend
- Learn to Grill
- Take an Improv Class
- Rock Climbing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Disc Golf
- Laser Tag
- Paint Ball
- Big Repairs on the house this year
- Get a tattoo
- Have a reading by psychic
- Go to the rodeo
- Grape Stomping–yes like the time Lucy and Ethel made wine
- Tandem biking
- Compete in an event at the State Fair
- Drive a convertible
- Work for a flower shop and deliver flowers for a day
Write a blog
- Read a new book each week
- Read all the books that my book club selects
- Film Festival
- Music Festival
- Get a passport–the plan to travel out of the country begins..
- Road Trip alone…Thelma and Louise with no Louise…
- Train Trip
- Stephen Colbert Show
- Independent Bookstore Tour around the Midwest
- Visit with a cosmetologist for a makeup makeover
- Have a colonoscopy
The items that have been marked through are completed items.