Yes, I got a tattoo.
It took several months before I worked up the nerve to do it. It was the first item on my list that I started researching right away. I must have read a dozen articles on tattoos. I asked friends who have body art to make suggestions for an artist. I visited a local artist named Carrie Black. She was patient and informative with all my questions and you know I had many. I scheduled my appointment with her a month in advance.
Yes, it was painful. But it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I would equate the discomfort to scratching a sunburn. It was more irritating than deeply painful. The redness in the photograph went away in about a half hour.
Before I decided on the artwork I would use, I spent some time with my Sharpie collection and drew in different colors and with different artwork to decide on location of the tattoo, which artwork and color of the ink. I did not go into this lightly. I knew all along it was going to be something that symbolized my love for my girls.
It was over in a few minutes. The image I selected depicts my three daughters in my heart.
- Write a monthly thank you to someone who has had a big impact on my life
- Spend an entire day completing random acts of kindness
- Grant a wish from my mom’s bucket list
- Get real with money
- Say no and mean it and feel no guilt
- Ask for help with no guilt or delay
- Allow myself to be photographed more often
- Spend a weekend at the monastery
- Learn about other religions
- Join my church as a member
- Lose 20 pounds
- Belly Dancing Class
- Pole Dancing Class
- Body Cleanse and Detox
- Learn to Bartend
- Learn to Grill
- Take an Improv Class
- Rock Climbing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Disc Golf
- Laser Tag
- Paint Ball
- Big Repairs on the house this year
Get a tattoo
- Have a reading by psychic
- Go to the rodeo
- Grape Stomping–yes like the time Lucy and Ethel made wine
- Tandem biking
- Compete in an event at the State Fair
- Drive a convertible
- Work for a flower shop and deliver flowers for a day
Write a blog
- Read a new book each week
- Read all the books that my book club selects
- Film Festival
- Music Festival
Get a passport–the plan to travel out of the country begins..
- Road Trip alone…Thelma and Louise with no Louise…
- Train Trip
- Stephen Colbert Show
- Independent Bookstore Tour around the Midwest
Facial Visit with a cosmetologist for a makeup makeover Join AARP Have a colonoscopy
The items that have been marked through are completed items